For all types of owners of companies whose objective is to sell their business, we provide a full range of financial and transactional advisory services, including:
- Sales by owners of closely held companies,
- Divestitures of portfolio companies held by private equity groups,
- Divestitures by larger private and public companies of divisions or subsidiaries, and
- Sales of smaller capitalization public companies.
- Recapitalizations – For owners of companies whose objective is (i) to monetize a portion of the value created in their business typically in order to diversify their personal wealth concentrated in the business, (ii) to gain access to additional capital to grow the business either organically or through acquisitions, and/or (iii) to restructure and/or optimize their companies’ capital structure, we provide a full range of financial and transactional advisory services, including …”Minority Recapitalizations,” the sale of typically less than 50% of the voting and economic interests in a business, and
- “Majority Recapitalizations,” the sale of typically greater than 50% of the voting and economic interests in the business.
Whether a Minority Recapitalization or a Majority Recapitalization, there are a variety of “types,” including:
- Equity Recapitalizations
- Subordinate/Mezzanine Debt Recapitalizations
- Senior Debt Recapitalizations
- ESOP Recapitalizations
Most of our sale or recapitalization engagements involve The Frontier Process to market the client’s opportunity to all of the interested, financially qualified candidates and optimize a successful result.